What you need to know!
Useful information to help make the most of your stay
Important information for your Michouat reservation:
- Arrival time is after 4pm on Saturday and departure time is by 10.30am, Saturday.
- We’re open throughout the year, so think of us for Christmas & New Year (snow, snow, snow!), Valentine’s Day (romance and more snow!), Easter (probably snow but fabulous mountain walks) and all the other short weekends your boss will allow you to take!
- Laundry is charged at 7€ (c. £6*) per person per week; eg. a family of 4 for a week would be 28€ (c. £24*). This is for bedding and change of bath and hand towels. This is to be paid in Euros upon arrival.
- Pool and Spa towels can be provided, charged at 5€ (c. £4*) per person per stay. This is to be paid in Euros upon arrival.
- At the end of your stay there is a discretionary cleaning fee of 40€ (c. £35*), if the gîte is left clean as it was found, otherwise the cleaning fee will automatically be deducted from the security deposit.
- Payment Terms and Conditions:
- We require a 50% deposit on booking and, on arrival, a refundable security deposit (loss, damage etc.) of 200€ (c. £174*). The remaining balance of the booking is to be paid no more than 14 days before your arrival;
- In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel, if you cancel your booking within 28 days of the arrival date, 20% of the deposit is refunded. If you cancel more than 28 days before the arrival date, 40% of the deposit is refunded;
- Cancellation must be done in writing, and is not deemed valid until you receive confirmation from the owners.
- Payment methods we accept:
- Bank transfer;
- French or English cheques which must be cleared before booking commences.
- In High or Medium seasons, the minimum rental period is one week, in Low season the minimum is 3 days, charged on a pro-rata basis, and laundry and cleaning charges applied as above.
- Rules of the house:
- No pets please;
- Smoking is only permitted outside of the gîte;
- Gîte towels are not to be used at the pool (see “Pool and Spa towels” above).
- Upon arrival, please read the information folder provided, it will make your stay more enjoyable.
How to get here:
- From Tarbes: From Tarbes, take the D632 signed to Trie sur Baïse. Carry on through Vidou, and take a right hand turn onto the D1, signed to Lustar and Villembits. After 500 metres, take the first right turn to Villembits (D1). Michouat is the first house on the left (you can zoom in to the map below for a graphic overview).
- From Trie sur Baïse: From Trie sur Baïse, take the D632 towards Tarbes. Pass the Intermarché supermarket on the right. Take the left hand turn onto the D1 signed to Lustar and Villembits. After 500 metres, take the first right turn to Villembits (D1). Michouat is the first house on the left (you can zoom in to the map below for a graphic overview).
- GPS coordinates: here are the coordinates for your GPS that will take you straight to us: N 43.295028, E 0.339674.
When you’re about 15 minutes away from Michouat, give us a quick ring and we’ll dig out that red carpet we reserve for special guests!